James sparrow delivers the training, being apart of specialist recoveries and he also gets stuck in with the maintenance and overhauling of the fleet.
Recovery experience :
• James has been active in the recovery industry since leaving school in 1976
• Over 40 years time served conducting all aspects of vehicular and non vehicular recoveries
• Involved in dealing with fatalities and life altering incidents
• Advisor in a major train crash incident
• Experienced operator conducting specialist recoveries for a number of police forces throughout the UK
• Trained and experience in preservation of evidence
• Experienced Incident Manager
• Expert knowledge of conducting logistical movements within agreed ETA’s
• Recovered all types of plant, machinery, commercial vehicles, cranes and light vehicles inc motorcycles
• James’s recovery activities and expertise were referred to channel 5 by Police which was broadcast in a well know documentary.
The more unique recoveries James has completed and managed over the years
• James Lifted a tractor unit off a driver who was trapped underneath, the outcome was the driver’s life was saved.
• Recovered a Unit and Trailer loaded with cheese from a Dock, demonstrating knowledge of marine pollutant. This recovery James received an award from the ABI
• Recovery of articulated vehicle loaded with a 25t 360 excavator which had crashed into a canal
James became the youngest IVR trainer at the age of 24 years old and has been a certified IVR trainer for 30 years
He is a fellow of the IVR and sits on the national council
He is a CAT2 external trainer
He has IVR trained people from many companies, local authorities and police forces throughout the country
Luke sparrow oversees the day to day operations and commercial sales and has worked in the recovery industry all his life; His Father James Sparrow made Luke a Director of Sparrow Recovery in 2010 following Luke’s commitment to the Industry and family business.
Luke completed a Business and Management Degree at Leeds University; In Addition to his degree he is also IVR certificated in all aspects of Light and Heavy vehicle recovery as well as been a Qualified Incident Manager and having valid emergency first aid certification.
Luke Qualified as a CAT2 trainer in 2018